TopBand: Radials to Inter or Elevate?1??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radials to Inter or Elevate?1??
From: KD1IA@ids.net (KD1IA@ids.net)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:20:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi I'm in the process of upgradeing my radial system and have a unique
problem.  To run some of my radials I need to cross the open parking area
behind my house, it is a dirt area no black top so my question am I better
off elevating the radials to 10 or 15 feet above this area or buriing them
and hopping they wont get doug up by cars et snow plow etc.? Im Going from
25 radials to 60 so... the ammount of wire that would be in the air or
on the ground will be substantial. The parking area is SW of the L and
is about 80 feet from the 1st antenna.   tnx fer help de JOhn
kd1ia@ids.net