TopBand: FW2EH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FW2EH
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 16:06:06 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.608907648

        This Morning Bill, W0ZV wrote:

        >I'm listening to FW2EH on 1824.2 as I write this at 1202 UTC on
>30 October.  He peaked a real S9 on my meter around my sunrise at 1145!
>Does anyone know what antenna they are using?  It certainly works well
>and obviously is not a Butternut, GAP, or other dummy load type!
     >
                                        >73,  Bill  W0ZV

This is the first day we have had a solid signal from the
FW2EH in Michigan.  They were a good 579 or better for quite
a while before local sunrise.   I was a little surprised to
find the pile up in the JA window, but what the heck.  With
my L network tuner preset it was easy to call about 1911 and
get through in a few calls.

Also, the operator was working much faster, knowing the
signals were easy copy, and sending at an appropriate code
speed.  My hat is off to the operator and mother nature as
well.

This is the first significant 160 meter operation from
Wallace the locals can remember in over 16 years!

73, George, K8GG
--IMA.Boundary.608907648--