TopBand: Topband BC Stn. Birdies

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Topband BC Stn. Birdies
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 07:32:17 -0800 (PST)
On the subject of birdies, I'll remind everyone that the Tailtwister rotor
control boxes have a number of unbypassed rectifiers in them that can
easily generate mixing products from RF on the control cable.  The
solution, in my case, was to bypass each lead on the control cable to the
control box chassis and then ground the chassis.  Big difference!  There
may be other control boxes (rotor, remote coax switches, homebrew relay
controllers, etc.) with similar problems.

73, Ward N0AX