TopBand: split & transcieve

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: split & transcieve
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:47:47 -0800
I have only had partial success with my "solution", similar to K2WI suggests.

I use QSX 11R5 /TX  or QSX 11R5 ES TX, or if it is really slow, QSX 11R5 AND TX.

My experience it that the JA respond fine, but that many (usually domestic)
stations don't call at all when they hear the QSX.

I have found that switching between CQ  with QSX and CQ without QSX gets the
most responses.  When it is slow, I usually send 2  or at most 3 CQ cycles
with QSX than one or two without QSX.  This seems the best compromise from
the west coast where the JA are pretty easy to work, and usually hear us
well enough to copy easily qsx and instructions.

>From the DXpedition standpoint, it is tuff enough to keep things in line and
going without splitting attentions.  At XZ1N the signals were simply too
weak, and the number of EU too large try doing both simultaneously.

will watch with interest for other comments  and ideas on this.

robin  wa6cdr/n6ll