TopBand: DX windows

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DX windows
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 97 15:10:37 PST

> 1.      Please keep the Dx Window Open for Intercontinental QSO's.  There
> should be NO USA/VE to USA/VE or EU to EU contacts between 1830 and 1835Khz!
> EU and USA/VE should only answer DX  not call CQ.   Stay off the edges
> especially on SSB.

It would be great if we could keep it clear up to 1840.  There are some
good openings to Africa happening these days, and they like to show
up around 1836 and then ask for QSOs up two.  It would be nice to
give them a chance to work the west coast.

These DX windows really help us guys out west trying to find the dx
needles in the haystack.  The band plan calls for this spectrum to be
used for DX QSOs already.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com