TopBand: Monday's Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Monday's Conditions
From: stans@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us (Stan Stockton)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:55:11 -0600 (CST)
On Sunday afternoon I sneaked up a 600' beverage aimed toward Europe.
Most of it is on neighbors' land.  It is fed with about 400 ft of 1/2
inch CATV hardline without the benefits of a 9-1 transformer.

I have never heard the band so good as last night.  I worked 60 DX
stations in about 25 countries including 5X, SV, 4X4 and a bunch of UA's.
Many of them were over 9 on the meter.  Was fun to work a bunch of
Europeans that I have never worked before.

Stan, K5GO