TopBand: 3W5, BV and H44 Prop to N7EX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3W5, BV and H44 Prop to N7EX
From: ni6t@scruznet.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:06:49 -0800
N7EX wrote:

> The H44 apparently was stuck on 80 with an honest S-8 signal but never
> appeared on 160 this morning too bad condx were really good and the band
> quiet.

In fact, the H4 appeared on 160 from 1200 to 1330 and was worked by
several sixes who apparently answered fortuitous calls of nature and
were rewarded. K6UT reported that H44FN again reverted to working JA's
and faded considerably by 1330. I, of course, appeared at 1330 and he
was gone. I went to 80, broke the pile--this is getting old--and
arranged for a return at 15Z. He did in fact do so, but the sig was not
great, was fading quickly and I was plagued with local noise. N7UA
worked him, followed by a demented local who had worked him as a result
of the previous time I had moved him--he just had to have his insurance
QSO. That killed  my chance, and I again failed to score.

Europe and Africa however for the past few nights has been non
> existent and not a hint of the V5 who had been so consistent on Sunday
> night.

The sunrise bump you enjoyed on Sunday night was repeated here. Several
locals got through, including KA6W and N5KO. Trey was about the last
before final QRT--if not the very last. Nice going, guys!

> Regards
> Dave
> N7EX
> ..
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, "The DXer," newsletter of the NCDXC
Visit the Northern California DX Club 50th Anniversary page:
http://www.aa6g.org/ncdxc50.html