TopBand: ZS8IR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS8IR
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 12:12:42 +200
The supply ship leaves Cape Town today, and should arrive at the
island around Tuesday.  Unloading may take a few days, so Chris may
not be able to fire up the Rhombics immediately.

We have sent him a high power ATU, and he will have access to a
higher power amplifier too.

Chris has indicated that his schedule is now extremely tight.  He
cannot accept any more schedule requests.

The normal complement of 12 people will increase to over 60 next
week, and both space and time will be very limited.  However, he will
make a concerted effort to work the low bands.

Incidentally, Chris now has around 18 000 contacts in the log,
including around 15 000 unique counters (i.e. not duplicates on the
same band/mode).  Around 4500 direct QSLs have been mailed.  On 160,
contacts with over 300 different stations have been made.  South
America eluded him (unless EM1KA is in SA).

I will publish more detailed operating schedules, and a QSL report,
in the DX forums as soon as I have more detail.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ
Help desk for ZS8IR