TopBand: Non Inductive Resistors

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Non Inductive Resistors
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 21:48:09 -0700
Another useful product line is heat-sinkable film resistors from Caddock
Electronics, Inc. These were covered in detail by Rick Littlefield,
K1BQT in the Quarterly Devices feature of Communications Quarterly,
Summer, 1995.

The Kool-Tab MP800 series components come in 8, 16, 20, 25 and 50 watt
ratings in TO-126, TO-220 and TO-220 with mounting tab packages in
values from .02 to 10K ohms, and are rated according to those packages.

MP820 and MP850 50 ohm devices are shown with VSWR<1.1 at frequencies
from 100 to 400 MHz. Their dissipation ratings vary from 2.25W in free
air to 6.5/7 W  with large extruded heatsinks to 14W on a 5x7x2"
aluminum chassis.

These components appear to be very useful for HF/VHF applications! I was
introduced to these parts by George Badger, W6TC of Svetlana Electron
Devices as possible passive grid terminations for a grid-driven AB1
linear.

I have no connection with either Caddock or Svetlana.

Garry, NI6T

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Visit the Northern California DX Club home page: