TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer
From: Brad Rehm <bradrehm@texas.net> (Brad Rehm)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 08:48:43 -0500 (CDT)
Robert,

I have been using the RF-1 for a number of  years and have found it
very effective.  As is true with any instrument, you'll have to take
care using it, but it has enabled me to adjust matching elements on
my 160m antennas nearly perfectly at the tower.  I haven't had to
take a rig and battery out to the tower since getting the RF-1.

By the way, it's also a handy tool to have around the shack.  I
use it for measuring capacitors and inductors, and of course, it
can also tell you a great deal about an antenna from the shack end
of the coax.

73,
Brad
********************************
Brad Rehm      Georgetown, Texas
KV5V

PDIC Diver
********************************

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Doherty, Robert wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with the Autek antenna analyzer RF-1.
> Trying to set up my 160 elevated radial inverted "L"...
> Is the RF-1 worth the investment ???
>
> Thanks......73  Whitey   K1VV
>
>  -
>  ---