TopBand: Worked All Alaska again...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Worked All Alaska again...
From: neil@g4dbn.compulink.co.uk (Neil Smith)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 09:14:26 +0100 (BST)
Another excellent night (19 Oct) into the north-west, KL7s audible from
0300z until after sunrise here. 599 signal from KL7RA, also worked KL7XX,
NL7Z, all loud. Lots of W6/7, with AD6C, N6TR and N7UA being the loudest
here, all peaking S9 at times around 0400z-0500z.  VE7FPT, VE7UZ and VY1JA
not quite as big as the others, but better than the big stations from the
east coast!  Two new states for me, W0ZTL in ND and W8AH in WV (!)

DL7DF/HR3 and OX3FV good signals around 0300-0400z, very nice to see the HR
team putting so much effort into working 160.

KH6CC came out of the noise around 0510z, but there was a QSO about 80Hz HF
so I missed the reply (if there was one, which I doubt!) and then lots of
callers and he faded away.  One day......

Some of the scratchier QSOs I may have missed the states, anyone confirm
state of K6VX as CA, NX0I as MO, KB7N as WA please? (Go on, cheer me up and
say they are in Utah, South Dakota and Wyoming....)

K0HA still 579 here 20 minutes after sunrise.  Apologies to the two stations
who were calling me around 0550z on 1831, I think one might have been ZL2SQ
but I only copied a Q, and the other had an R, but no idea who, I only have
one aperiodic rx loop beaming north-west at present and on the folded
monopole I hear nothing under S7.  Guess I'll have to stick to working KL7!
Neil G4DBN