TopBand: W3LPL Beverages etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W3LPL Beverages etc.
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:21:40 -0400 (EDT)
Larry,
I simply can't put it any better than Bud, K4ISV's, recent e-mail:

"Can you imagine a fisherman going out with only one bait?"

At W3LPL we have  M A N Y  antennas and one of them will often give us the
edge in a competitive situation.  The Beverages work extremely well
through noise and pileups, and the 160M 4-square is also a fabulous
antenna.  Since the Beverage farm is over 1000 ft from the
transmitting antennas, they also us to receive and transmit
simulataneously, a significant operational advantage for a
multi-operator contest station.

"A ham can never have too many antennas"

73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com