TopBand: Various

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Various
From: gsmith.rdi@reutech.co.za (Greg Smith)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 07:50:23 +0200
Morning All,

1) Another good opening just after my sunrise, this time (the first time
for me) to the southern states, starting with K7CA in NV.  Must have been
linked to the aurora.

2) Mni tnx to all those who provided me with info on the algorithm/software
for sunrise/sunset.  Those who replied were W1TO, "Petry", W0RI, K3JJG, and
Earl, K6SE.

It is Earl's source code that I finally used to lift the algorithm.  He
also sent me a .EXE .

Earl has kindly given his approval for me to distribute both the algorithm,
for those who are interested in how it works, and the .EXE.  If anyone
would like these, pse drop me a line.  (Tree, yours is on its way).

Greg, ZS5K