TopBand: Western Wash Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Western Wash Conditions
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:44:01 -0800 (PST)
Was able to hear DF2PY at the noise level around 0600Z last night, but
nothing else from EU.

80-meters was incredible, though; EM1HO (must be those metric watts...)
was a solid S9 at 0615Z, also heard DL8WN, OK1AWZ, and SP7GIQ (peaking
S7).  Then this morning we had a veritable market basket at 1330Z; VK9LX,
T32BE, HL0Z, other HL's and very loud JA's.  Haven't heard the band this
busy in quite a while.

40 was really good this morning, as well, around 1500Z with HA3UU at
S8-S9+ long-path, along with several others including OK1AWZ and S53O.
When a 100-watter like me can work 40LP, it's gotta be good.

73, Ward N0AX