TopBand: 8Q7AA 160m ops

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 8Q7AA 160m ops
From: danmec@inet.uni-c.dk (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:40:10 +0100
> Full marks to the 8Q7AA op on 1824.5 tonight (20th Jan 2230z)
> Despite the poor discipline from many EU ops battling for a QSO in
> horrendous pile-up, the op locked on to a signal and once he had a
> partial call, he persisted (in my case for 4 mins!) in order to complete
> QSO, often having to silence the mob with several QRT QRTs only
> (whatever partial call) ... until call completed and QRZ the next ....
> Many stations would have been disappointed, had it not been for
> such persistence ... Not too many DX stations give such
> consideration to the small fry!
> CONGRATS and MNI TNX! and hpe they grace all our logs with their
> call
> 73
> Graham/GM4BES

YES !  Very commendable operation  (  although he did not hear me !  hi )

If somebody talks to him, it may be a good idea if he changed his QSX from
time to time to fiter out QRM. I t´remember SM0AGD did that in the past,
suddenly syng QSX  7 up after having done 2 or 3 up for some time. By doing
that those who listen
get the benefit of less QRM and qso rate goes up too.

73  RAG  OZ8RO