TopBand: Corrections to: 160m from 8Q7AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Corrections to: 160m from 8Q7AA
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:23:37 -0800
Greetings, All:

I have received a couple of very important corrections to a posting I made
earlier regarding our recent 160 operations from 8Q7AA.  It is extremely
embarrassing to have to post these, but I think necessary.  The fault is
mine, only mine, and all mine!

First, the following came to me from Bob Meyers, W1XT:

>Bruce,
>I wonder if you can correct a mistake please.  The antenna you used on
>Maldive for 160 meters was a GLADIATOR TL-160M Mark II, not a Gap.  It is
>manufactured by R. Myers Communications.  You can see the details on our
>Web page: http://www.primenet.com/~bmyers/.
>Thank you.
>Bob Myers, W1XT

Bob is absolutely correct on this issue.  I blew it big time on this point.

Next, an even worse flub.  This comes to me from Jim George, N3BB:

>Wow.  Bruce, I wish it were me but I wasn't on 160 at all when you guys
>were on.  That may have been N1BB.  Sorry.
>
>We did work on 75 SSB and 40 both modes.  [...]  Sorry about the
>160 meter QSO but I can tell you that the 75 meter QSO was one I will
>remember the rest of my life.
>
>73, Jim

All I can say is that I really, truly, honestly believe I heard "N3BB" at
least 3 times during one of the QSB swells and definitely did hear a loud
and clear "TU" back from him when I sent the call "N3BB".  I recall first
saying "N1BB? N1BB?" and getting a correction, since I thought at first that
it was Bill.  And, knowing Bill, I also believe he would have been all over
my back by now if it had been his call I busted!

73,
Bruce, N6NT