TopBand: S79MX - please help!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: S79MX - please help!
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:38:09 +0800
You would think it would be easy to work S79 from VK6, but it apparently
isn't.  My sunrise is currently about 2150Z and S79MX usually comes on the
band about twenty minutes later on 1827KHz - about 5 minutes too late for
VK6.  However, it might just be possible at this time, but I can't hear a
thing - except for an odd dah or dit.

Does anyone know if S79MX ever operates at his sunset on 160m, or if he ever
comes on earlier than 2210Z?  Is there anyone who can ask him either to come
on at 2145Z or earlier, or come on at his sunset?

I am a desperate man!

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ