TopBand: EU Opening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EU Opening
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 15:08:34 -0800
I talked to UA2FF on 15 meters today.  I asked about 160...  Vlad
said that VE1ZZ was the only station in North America that he worked
on 160 in this weekend's Russian Contest.  I copied a weak signal
from UT8I around 0130z 22 March.  Later, 9A2VR had a hollow sounding
signal with echo/flutter when worked at 0413.  However, in 15 minutes
his signal was stronger and more clear.  Several other Europeans had
fair signals last night, though activity on the band was light.
  I dug parts of my European Beverage (& others) out of 4 foot snow
drifts yesterday.  Good thing that there weren't any through the
higher drifts.  I was looking for a bit of snow for a video on my
antennas that I'm currently producing for a local ham club meeting...
Next Sunday I'll probably start taking the Beverages down/shortening
them for the season (about time for field work--once the snow melts).

73,  Bill     K0HA