TopBand: Low Inverted Vee

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Low Inverted Vee
From: K1MEM@aol.com (K1MEM)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 19:47:57 EST
KM1H said:

>The verticals certainly do an above average job for me and seem to be the
>antenna ofchoice amongst most New England DXers. But then you have K1MEM
>with a 80' high V that works it all too....including such uniques as the
>Andamans many years ago ( '87??).

And Steve, VK6VZ:

>On rare occasions, on one very distinct path/time, a vertical
>occasionally
>will outperform my low dipole - to the eastern seaboard of the USA
>(K1, VE1)just after my sunset.

My Inverted Vee has been at the 60 foot level since the early 80's. This past
December it was raised to 70 feet, and a bead balun added, finally. I notice a
slight improvement in pileup effectiveness. One of the first contacts on the
raised antenna was with Steve, VK6VZ,  at my sunset (his sunrise). I'm now at
255 worked with this antenna.

(I sure wish I had the Andamans on 160. My best DX in that area is 4S7)

Jim