TopBand: 160m Intruders

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m Intruders
From: Thomas Bevenheim" <dx@swipnet.se (Thomas Bevenheim)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:40:58 +0200
>These are beacon transmitters attached to buoys on
>drift nets or longlines to aid fishermen in locating them.

This is one of the reasons why I don't dare to run high power from my beach
shack http://home6.swipnet.se/~w-68234/du7cc.htm  They might take me
for a buoy ( I'm only a boy ) and come and take me away...

Already twice, local fishermen were caught in the mess of guy wires that
makes my "Wet Spaghetti's" somewhat straight.

I remember Pres, N6SS (VQ9SS) did some investigation and work on these
beacons some 4-5 years ago. But have all this info on a hard disk that will
not talk to either me or my computers any more...

BTW: Why did I never see Pres, N6SS, on the TopBand reflector?

73 ...tom  DU7CC / SM6CNS  ( ex -SM0CNS/DU7 & SM0CNS/4E7 )