TopBand: ve7bs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ve7bs
From: eldridge@direct.ca (Bob Eldridge)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:09:17 -0700
>wondered how Bob VE7BS is doing.  Apparently VE7BS who is a regular on
>topband had some kind of accident with gasoline.

Thanks for your concern Bob (W7LR). Everything will be OK in a few days
time. Messing with a car I splashed some gasoline on my clothing and a
flashback set me alight. Most of the dressings are off now and the new skin
seems fine and no permanent damage.  Lost a bit of beard, but that's one
place where hair still grows well.

>>From the signal that VK3ZL had it looks as if the topband season may be
>creeping towards an opening.

The VK/ZL summer 'season' is creeping towards its end Bob! Although it has
been a poor year compared to most, it has been open to VK to some extent
most days since May, and the GPS on 1819 and 1817 has been audible every day
without fail.

Have fun everybody

Bob VE7BS