TopBand: Balloon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Balloon
From: eldridge@direct.ca (Bob Eldridge)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:09:22 -0700
>The bottom line to all of this is that a dipole or another good high
>angle antenna does have
>its place in your antenna arsenal, but think of it as a complement to a
>good low angle
>antenna which will be better  99% of the time.  It's those 1% situations
>that sometimes
>make you glad to have a high angle system!

Everything Bill says in this posting accords with my observations. I have
only one question.
What is a good low angle for a 160 station on land?

I ask this because just this morning a VK station said somewhat the same
thing, and I thought "Here we go again..." and asked "What do you mean by
low angle. How many degrees?"   He answered "About 25 or 30 with a broad
lobe."  That is my opinion too.

73, Bob VE7BS