TopBand: Wow! conditions into USA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Wow! conditions into USA
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:20:56 EDT

<< Later, when I checked the band around 1215 - 1230Z (?), good signals were
 coming from CO at their sunrise and Doug W0AH was a very nice R5 S8 signal
 heard on SSB.

Hi Steve and Topbanders,
Conditions were good.  I was running barefoot, 200 watts, and had a nice QSO
with VK3ZL and VK6APZ on SSB before tuning down the band where KH2/K4SXT was a
good 579.  When I put my amp on, he gave me a 599.
Twelve hours later, last night, conditons were not good or, at least, the 59
+20 QRN made coping DX impossible.  I could sometimes detect ZS5K and ZS6UT in
there,on an east beverage I put up recently, but no intelligibility.
Slept in this morning, but will be on tonight looking towards Europe and
Africa.
Doug  W0AH  central Colorado