TopBand: The following day....!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: The following day....!
From: gu3whn@guernsey.net (Mike Sloan)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 08:46:42 +0000
Please excuse my earlier posting.  We have somebody sending long series
of el-key dots over many QSO's at the moment, as well as the minor
problem I suffered last evening.  It is, of course, just a couple or so
people out of the vast multitude of courteous, responsible amateurs and
I must never lose site of that.

Propagation last night:
                        Called DX on 1828 from 2100z

                        2203z W4ZV      539/449
                              W1WEF     549 Sent RST many times but no QSO
                                    due to
'strong carriers'
                        2332z K3ANS     569/559
                        2335z W8JI      559/449 Very strong QSB
                        2343z W2VO      559/559

Stayed on until 0200z but no more DX calls worked.  Still using end-fed
quarter wave sloper and 375 watts.

Best regards es 73

Mike