TopBand: 2el "remote" Parasitic

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 2el "remote" Parasitic
From: Josep" <ea6acc@tinn.net (Josep)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:53:53 -0000
Have my 25m Top Loaded Vertical around 1/4wvl away from my other 16m high
self-supported tower, with a Cuschraft 4el yagi on top. The line-of-fire is
beaming to about 30 degrees. The 16m tower has not any conection with the
25m one. I´ve been told that my signal in JA is really good, much better
than last year. Also, I´ve worked some countries in the same area with
relative ease. Can this be affected by the 16m tower in-line ..? The TLV has
90 degrees 1/4wvl on 160, but haven´t checked the 16m electrical length yet.
Maybe it is 1/8wvl for 160, should that mean a two element, 1/4wvl and
1/8wvl spaced around 40m each..? Is this some kind of "remote" parasitic
element of the TLV..?

73, Josep
ea6acc@tinn.net