TopBand: duplicate DXPedition qsos

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: duplicate DXPedition qsos
From: v31jp@logical123.net (Joseph L. Pontek, Sr.)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:43:35 -0500
I agree with Wayne.  I have heard stations calling and timing was right for his
response
but QSB got them.  On 160 I make notes in this regard and clear them if no
resonable QSL
response or if time/date not accurate.  Living in the quiet country or being
down in Belize
on a quiet night let's me hear much better than somebody stuck in a city or
crowded suburb.
We on the trips sometimes forget what it's like trying to work the DX. Yes,
there are DX hogs
out there. Sometimes it is the big guns that let me know the band is still open
and how good
or bad it is.  I try to look at as a tool.  If you had to work that hard to get
a cannon in the log,
chances are the little pistol wouldn't been heard anyway. And not all of us are
on the WEBB,
inspite of it popularity.  Not all of are on packet either.

I just try and work as many as fast as I can and let gang fight it out.  I
continue to work
at improving my station and not getting into a log is what drives this on.  I
don't expect
a QSO to be given to me. If I get beat out, back to work.  If propagation
doesn't shine
nicely on me, there will be the next time. If I die before I work 'em, it don't
matter after
that!  It's all part of the game and the fun of it!

--
73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek