Topband: 160 on the up?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 on the up?
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 07:35:24 +0800
Hi All,
Cndx during the past 3 days have been better though we have been hit with
storms, very strong winds and Qrn. The propagation cndx have been unusual.
For example, W8JI has been a good signal on all three days but on the first
two I could only work him on the vertical whereas today he was 2 S points
stronger on the inverted vee. Today W8UVZ was workable on the vertical but
could not be copied on the vee and K9DX could only be heard on the vee.
Over the 3 days, 10 Europeans worked and today some were only workable on
the vertical and others only on the vee ( this was close to sunrise),
strange cndx or propagation.
Good news is that Ross, 9M2AX, was on today. I had not heard him for some
time.
It is unusual to QSO Eastern North America or Europe during our Winter.
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD