Topband: Butternut HF2V help needed

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Butternut HF2V help needed
From: gtaft@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:06:50 -0500
Ralph, 5H3RK who has been on the low bands of late is operating with a
Butternut HF2V that he obtained from Dave, 5H3US (K8MN).  Apparently the
original coil was gone when Ralph bought the antenna and it came with
something that had been "field repaired"  Ralph says:

"If you know anyone using an HF2V, I would be interested in the
dimensions of the original copper base coil. Apparently with a real good
ground you can use it to lower the SWR at resonance. The original coil
is gone and I thought perhaps I would try to wound a new one with
some thin capillary refrigeration copper tubing I obtained here"

I gather from talking to Ralph that the current SWR is near max for
operating his 751A & AL80A on top band and is the reason he has to stick
to 1831 tx!  He would like to replace the coil with one that resembles
the original if one of u can supply the dimensions please?

Any help is appreciated.  Pse reply directly to me, thanks.

73 and good new year

George  W8UVZ