Topband: Summer DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Summer DX
From: kn4lf@webtv.net (Thomas Giella)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:02:39 -0400 (EDT)
  Summer QRN pretty much puts an end to DXing in Florida, the lightning
capital of the country. Though we usually due have several nights
throughout the summer that would allow some DXing.

  However when I lived in Colorado summer QRN was at a reasonable level
and while living in California summer QRN was practically nonexistent
most nights, so I chased DX year round.

  Between lightning QRN and the fact that MANY times DX falls short of
Florida when it exits the E/F layer propagation duct, Florida is the
most difficult state to DX from. A golfers handicap would be reasonable,
hihi!

73 Friend,

Thomas Giella, KN4LF