Topband: Balanced Line Radiation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Balanced Line Radiation
From: kn4lf@webtv.net (Thomas Giella)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:06:21 -0500 (EST)
Tom W8JI Said:
I don't understand why you say a balanced line is "never truly
balanced".

Thomas KN4LF Says:
  To clarify my previous statement, in "my" personal experience I've
never been able to get current exactly balanced in twinlead, open wire
line etc. to prevent radiation, even when using a homebrew balanced
network. It's usually a case of nearby objects creating the problem.
  Of course you can get it close enough so that for all intents and
purposes line radiation is minimal and inconsequential. Also yes,
transmitting and receiving reciprocity concerning a dipole is similar.

Take Care,

Thomas KN4LF