Topband: News from VK6

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: News from VK6
From: bazley@iinet.net.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:15:04 -0800
Greetings,
An interesting morning with new 160 stations QRV.
2015z until after sunrise..E27SEA on 1834.3 QSX 1822
At 2030z Roland, DU1/DK3GI, put out his first cq  on the band and had good
siganls down here, near Albany...500K/ms South-East of Perth.
A61AJ was on 1826.5 QSX down .
A pleasant surprise was a QSO with Jack VE1ZZ, just at sunrise....time flies
by as our first LP QSO was 29 years ago.....Long path QSO's are now rare
from here with an earlier sunrise time than what I used to have near Perth.
Interestingly Jack was coming in over Europe. Later I worked W1MK on 80m who
had an unbeleivable 589 signal, also over Europe.
Lots of Europeans QRV and several G stations had 599 signals when their
local contest started at 2100z.
Yesterday Gus, A92ZE, was 579 10 minutes after sunrise on 1824...sunrise is
now at 2049z.
Looks like lots of "goodies" on the band for those of you outside Oceania
and Asia.
Happy hunting,
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD