Topband: JA Split

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA Split
From: jsm@gulfislands.com (Steve McDonald)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:31:05 -0800
Although the old JA window was awkward, it's effectivness at
reducing/eliminating stateside QRM cannot be denied. With the new JA
segments and many simplex QSO's taking place, the stateside QRM level has
skyrocketed. I noticed this a.m. a few JAs still calling CQ with QSX freq in
the low end of the DX window. This certainly will reduce QRM from stateside
but I feel guilty going to a QSX freq within the DX window.
I'm not sure this new JA segment is a step forward!

VE7SL