Topband: Using noise canceller with low-noise RX antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Using noise canceller with low-noise RX antenna
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 11:03:07 -0500
Anyone had any luck using the MFJ-1026 with a low noise RX antenna,such as
a flag, ewe or pennant, using the transmitting antenna as the noise
antenna?  as I read the 1026 manual online, it appears that having LOTS of
noise signal is a desirable thing, and my TX antenna meets THAT spec.  I
could put up a pennant or flag fairly easily, and the TX antenna is
available at the back of my transceiver, but I thought I'd ask before
buying.  My elusive line noise source is directly in line to Europe, which
tends to make life difficult.

73, Pete N4ZR