Topband: "T" or inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "T" or inverted L
From: stans@rockisland.com (stans)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:05:01 -0800
John,

I have a "T" antenna here similar to the one being discussed.  I have about
65 feet vertical to work with, but, I decided to elevate the antenna about 8
feet above four 1/4 wavelength radials  (the ground here is solid and very
uneven rock).  So I ended up with about 57 feet of vertical in the "T".  The
horizontal wires are some 50 feet plus.  I just adjusted the length of the
horizontal wires for resonance on 1830.  I match the antenna to 50 ohm coax
by running a second vertical wire about a foot from the first one and
feeding the antenna as a toploaded folded monopole.  Seems to work.

Stan W7AWA