Topband: questions on Slopers

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: questions on Slopers
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:41:36 +0100
I have a 75 foot tower that I have used an Inv L on in the past.  But since I
now have a stack of antennas on the tower, the Inv L is in the way.   I have
90 1/4 wave radials on the the ground.

My question is, with all these radials, are top fed 1/4 wave slopers pulled
out a couple of hundred feet away from the tower a good way to go. I was
thinking of hanging up 3 of them...NE, W, SE directions, and maybe phasing
them with a WX0B stack match.

I'm expecting some gain in the direction of the slope...does anyone out there
use such a system configeration?  In modeling, does it make sense to go with
the three slopers phased together or just keep one hot and let the other two
act as parasitic elements of sorts? I'm not concerned about the rx, as I use
beverages.....I'm just interested in getting the biggest tx signal for the
buck off a 75 foot tower with all the room in the world to pull out antenna
wires-

73  Paul  N0AH

Any suggestions/comments appreciated-