Topband: PW0T

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: PW0T
From: magoo@isp.on.ca (Mr. Magoo)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:59:58 -0500
I was able to begin hearing PW0T at about 0240 while looking forthe
5R8 (which I never did hear though I believe others were working
him).  It took until about 0430 before I was able to both hear and
be heard by the operator on Trinidade.  Much of the time his signal
peaks were obliterated by SSB splatter from a couple of stations on
1813 and 1815.

My hat is off to that PW0 operator because he stuck with me through
a couple of tries and several repeats until we finally made it both
ways.  At the time he was about 219 and I don't suppose I was much
better with my 500 watts! He never came above about 349 all the time
I was listening, even using in sequence several Beverages, a dipole
and a loop!  Without the SSB splatter it would not have taken so
long.  Just goes to show how important location is, as I suspect
that many others were hearing PW0 much better than I was simply due
to location and the SSB wasn't that much of a problem.

Bill, VE3NH/VE3CSK