Topband: Removing RF from lines on a directly fed tower.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Removing RF from lines on a directly fed tower.
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:48:03 +0000
I've de-coupled feeds, antennas, lights and a host of other stuff on
broadcast towers using this method for years.  This was before the use of
ferrite beads.  While they work great, correctly used, I'd say from
experience that 18 is not nearly enough inductance for 160M.

The coil of line or whatever around a 3" or larger PVC pipe works better
than most other applications.  Hint: use some 1/8" nylon line wound along
with the rotor cable or other coax to evenly space the turns.  Works even
better.

73
Bob K4TAX