Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 07:17:36 -0500
At 04:45 AM 3/8/02 -0500, K3KY wrote:
>A very impressive list of features on the website....

The thing that rang my bell most was the fact that you will be able to run
very narrow roofing bandwidths on the main RX, which should really make a
difference in contest conditions.  Unless you're ready to pay $5000 or
more, I think expecting the sub RX to have everything the main RX does is
not very realistic.  What they describe is still a big leap beyond the
current standard.

They seem to have addressed most of the complaints about the current
generation of transceivers, at a projected price not far from the Mark 5's.
 The one thing I would like to see is a bit more RF output, so that it
wouldn't be marginal when driving a 100-watt-class linear through a
bandpass filter.

Now I wonder what the front panel will be like... maybe we'll see at Dayton.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org