Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TEN-TEC IS LISTENING!
From: W2CS@bellsouth.net (Gary J. Ferdinand)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:13:21 +0000
I was similary impressed, but was brought down to earth by at least a couple
of things - your observation re DSP-only in the sub receiver, with which I
agree,  AND all the words about dual 32-bit procesors.

SO WHAT?  There's nothing particularly substantial in claiming dual 32 bit
processors. They've been around for a decade at least.  I think the 80486
was one, for example.  Just saying "32 bit processor" is like marketing a
boat with no leaks to a commercial fisherman.  He says thanks for the
thought, but wonders whether it has a motor or just oars, etc.

Nonetheless, there are lots of interesting words in there. I look forward to
seeing the meat on the bones.  I hear it's going to be unveiled at the
Charlotte NC hamfest tomorrow.  I might drop by and take a look.

Gary W2CS