Topband: beverage above water

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: beverage above water
From: n9dx@attbi.com (Larry Higgins)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:04:03 -0500

>...of my WNW,NW and NNW beverages is above water after the river flooded
> relations of signals on the TX and the RX antennas.

> Ground conductivity is very good at the moment

> If the degradation of performance is very slight in my case,where the
> conductivity can only be beaten by saltwater, then the whole boloney about
bad > beverage performance over good grounds isn`t worth a dime. Say what ??

Actually, ground conductivity is probably NOT very good.  The conductivity
of sea water is MUCH lower than that of copper,  and the   conductivity of
river water is MUCH lower than that of sea water.  Your results seem to
verify this.