Topband: 160 meter vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meter vertical
From: k8do@amethyst.diamondcs.net (Dennis O'Connor)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:18:02 -0400
Depending on what part of the band you want and what metallic structures are
nearby, either 12 or 13 sections - + - a top hat will resonate... I have 12
sections on a 6 foot base and it resonates in band... To get to the bottom
of the band  a top hat made of two 10 foot sections of half inch copper pipe
(I had it on hand) forming an X brought it close enough to  to 1825 that a
small coil at the base finished the job.. I do have a 150 foot tower 270
feet away and I know it does interact... YMMV...

Denny