Topband: Re: Diversity reception on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Diversity reception on 160
From: k7sv@va.prestige.net (Larry Schimelpfenig)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 05:28:03 -0400
Ford's question was in relation to the Orion, so what I have done in the
past with two receivers should apply.

I used a transceiver with the vertical transmit antenna and a second
receiver with the beverages. Put a switch together for the audio. Could
listen with xcvr in one ear and second receiver in the other, or xcvr or
second receiver in both ears.

In addition to being able to always have an omni directional antenna on
line, there were certainly diversity effects between the vertical and the
beverages.

73 de Larry K7SV

http://www.tentec.com/