Topband: Hay Bale Twine as guy wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hay Bale Twine as guy wire
From: dan@anwireless.com (Dan Simmonds)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:59:58 -0400
Hi Joe,

If you need mail-order service, I've found a great outfit in Dothan, =
Alabama that carries all the products you need for what you describe.

The contact info is:

Jeffers
P.O. Box 100
Dothan, Alabama
36302

800-533-3377  or  334-793-6257

73, Dan KK3AN

I'm in the process of putting up a vertical similar to the irrigation =
pipe
vertical described in ON4UN's book (p.9-57).  The suggested guy rope is =
400
lb. knot strength UV resistant hay bale twine.  It seems to me that the =
hay
bale twine should be an effective, low cost guy for this application.  =
Being
in the middle of Los Angeles, hay bale twine isn't at the local Costco.
Does anyone know where I can order a spool and have it shipped to me?

Joe N6KK
barger@aero.org

multipart/alternative
  text/html