Topband: Re: Vertical Followup

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Vertical Followup
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:36:09 EDT
Thanks to all who responded to my question about shunt feeding the 200 foot
tower.  I believe it may be a project might not be feasable since the
matching system would get in the way of the side mounted antennas as they
rotate around the tower (310 degrees)...either the booms or the elements.

Also, the ideas about loading up the top part of the tower and running
radials out sounded really good until I realized that they would be negating
all the Phillystran I had put up, since they would be very close to the
antennas I had Christmas-treed down the tower.

I am further investigating the suggestion about uisng the K8UR and/or K3LR
system, but not on this tower...rather the 40 meter yagi tower.  This one
looks like it might be possible.  There is a thread running on the Tower Talk
reflector right now about this topic that might be of some interest to some
of you.

Thanks to all of you again.  It's a great group and I keep learning.

Bill K4XS