Topband: Our friend KL7Y sk

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Our friend KL7Y sk
From: nl7z@mtaonline.net (Kevin Forster)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:54:20 -0900
Clear Day
Nov. 2, 2002

It is with great sadness that I announce the death of Dan Robbins - =
KL7Y. On Oct. 31, 2002 Dan was in a motorcyle accident on the Big Island =
of Hawaii - and did not survive his injuries.

Dan has always been like a part of my famliy - we lived close to each =
other, and would help each other often. I am still in shock, as well as =
many other friends are over this.

Dan was just finished with the CQWW contest at KH7R, I am sure many of =
you had worked him during that time. He was in a place that he loved, =
doing what he loved, and had the pleasure to visit with many of his =
friends at the contest station. I am sure they are all gratefull of that =
time together.

We will all miss that familiar voice, and fist of KL7Y, his sense of =
humor, and his knowledge. We have spent so much time working on towers =
together, repairing amp's,  cutting phasing lines, enjoying famliy =
cookouts, and holidays. I don't think I will ever find a better friend.

I know we all have fond memories of Dan, so he will live on in our minds =
and hearts.

I spent many days being his ground man while he did tower work, looking =
up for hours to assist him. Dan, I am still looking up.....

73 for now old friend,
NL7Z     dit dit

p.s. - If anyone would like to send a card or a letter to Dan's mother, =
please send to this address:

Arlene Robbins
2202 Lydia Ave.
Zion, IL