Topband: Our friend KL7Y sk

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Our friend KL7Y sk
From: ab5a@clarc.org (Ken "AB5A" Eckel)
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 17:31:09 -0500
I am sorry to hear this news.  I looked in my log and found MANY
KL7Y - AB5A QSO's.  A couple notable ones: one on 6M and another
on 160M.  We had worked both ionosphere extremes.  It becomes
apparent, the dedication to the hobby, When an operator pushes out
of the common path to strive at what is difficult because its difficult.

The 160M QSO was submitted to ARRL for both DXCC and WAS credit.
I remember the difficult QSO, Dan hung in there for 20 minutes trying to
complete. It was 04:29 AM Texas time.  Because of Dan's persistence,
I have WAS 160M.  Thanks Dan and my you rest in peace...

73,
Ken AB5A