Topband: vert & beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: vert & beverages
From: Telegrapher9@aol.com (Telegrapher9@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:23:08 EST
Richard,

You have a good point. I was thinking that one of the small cables (RG178 or
RG179, note that these are not double shielded) would do the job and not be
so heavy and cumbersome. The advantage, I think, is to avoid having to lay
the coax over rough terrain. This is just a paper design and has not been
built. I thought I would throw it out to stimulate some thought. No doubt it
has been tried before. This could also be implemented using 300 ohm twin lead
instead of coax. W8JI would be a good one to review the design.

   Dave WX7G

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---