Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:27:19 -0500
> I imagine this has been covered in detail before, and if thats the
> chase then leave this unanswered but, what kind of pressure has been
> put to Yaesu to produce radios that do not cause this problem?

The sad part about all of this is it wouldn't cost any manufacturer
anything to correct 99% problems. It is a simple case of the
designers either not understanding how to select component values or
how to switch things, or the service and sales people not telling
them they have a problem.

Think of this. All the radios being sold with bandwidth problems will
be on the air until most of us are dead and buried. Unless people
start fixing the radios, or the manufacturers do, the problem can
only get worse and worse.

> sure the answer from Yaesu, as it was from Icom when they were
> informed that the second receiver frequency when split was also being
> transmitted on, was, it meets FCC specs.

FCC regs clearly say we are NOT allowed to cause harmful interference
outside the "good engineering practice" BW for the mode we are on.
That also includes spurious emissions, so despite ICOM's claims they
were "within spec" spurious emissions that cause harmful interference
are illegal....and that includes the keyclicks many radios have.73,
Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com