Topband: Antenna Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Question
From: k7rx@attbi.com (Kevin Nathan)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:48:49 -0000
Hi All,

Well, I got through another contest and my feelings on the effectiveness of
my inverted L are definitely mixed.  I didn't hear many stations on the band
from the east coast or deep south and absolutely no dx but I'm not sure if
that is a product of my antenna's performance or propagation conditions.
Honestly though, I didn't hear a lot of other stations out here in the
Seattle area working the east coast or deep south either so it may have been
conditions.

Anyway, I will probably be looking at other antenna possibilities.  One
antenna which has caught my interest for a while is the Alpha Delta DX-A,
twin sloper.  This seems like a nice answer to limited space on a city lot.
Does anyone on the list have experience running this and what did you think
of it?

Thanks much and very 73.

Kevin, K7RX :)