Topband: A/B testing K6se etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A/B testing K6se etc.
From: k4iq at worldnet.att.net (John B. Mitchell)
Date: Tue Jul 1 09:35:12 2003
This is interesting.  I had a TS-870 (great rig, btw!) that had a harmonic
of local AM 610 on 1830.  In the day (5k watt stn) it was around S9.  If I
put in 6db of attenutation, the signal fell to S1.  I don't think that meter
miscalibration could be responsible for 50db drop!  I've no doubt the
station probably had a weak harmonic there, but always thought the rig was
compounding it somehow.

73 John K4IQ